Friday, February 13, 2015

More.. https://theoryofcollege.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/my-love-for-statement-necklaces/

Powered by: BKGjewelry

   
   A past fad is making a comeback! Statement Necklaces are amazing pieces of jewelry that many people are “afraid” of or nervous to be able to “pull off”. I have never been into these types of necklaces and big bulky jewelry until I started working at J. Crew. They have such an amazing selection of necklaces; fun and professional. Personally these necklaces are my all-time favorite. I think that these fabulous pieces of jewelry can really make or break an outfit and definitely have the ability to dress something up in a matter of only putting on one more article to the outfit. I own so many statement necklaces. My personal favorite are the J. Crew necklaces that are big, bulky, flashy, etc. I think that the J.Crew statement necklaces are a fad that is making a comeback. My mothers generation used to wear these chunky necklaces – if you keep something long enough it will come back in style. Many different stores have been acquiring a section of their store to display and sell these products. Some stores, such as Charming Charlie’s are main carriers of these items. Different colors, sizes, designs make the necklace unique to your liking, and your outfit. Statement necklaces can be tricky because some of the necklaces in my opinion are “too bulky” and look very tacky, whereas the right necklaces look amazing on. I love wearing them- I have one on almost everyday!
1.You can wear the necklaces with a button up collared shirt – VERY POPULAR! My Favorite!
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.41 PM Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.42 PM
2. You can wear them to a wedding, prom or event to dress formal. 
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.44 PM Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.45 PM
3. You can wear them with a T-Shirt to dress it up: 
Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.49 PM Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.42.49 PM 1   
DIY Necklaces : This website below is a great way to make your own Statement Necklace. I think that it would be really cool to create your own if you had time!
   I think that statement necklaces can not only look amazing on, but they can really identify who you are and be a way to express your true colors. I think that with so many different sizes, colors and patterns you can express yourself in just one necklace, or piece of jewelry. Feel free to post your necklaces or links of your favorite jewelry. I have found a real passion and love for these kinds of necklaces!
What is your favorite kind of statement necklace or piece of jewelry?