Thursday, February 12, 2015

More.. https://stripedcabana.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/galentines-party-no-boys-allowed/

Powered by: BKGjewelry

   As much as I love to celebrate Valentines day with a romantic candle lit dinner and my lover, I also love to celebrate it with the women I love too!
My girlfriend Liese threw a Galentines party. . Gal entines. . gals only, NO BOYS ALLOWED! It was adorable and of course an over load of sugar and red and pink!
I made mini heart cakes for the party, they took a little more time then I anticipated but they turned out pretty cute.
Just make your favorite cake, I made my favorite vanilla cake(this would be really cute with red velvet), and bake it in a cookie sheet. I usually line my cookie sheet with wax paper before I grease it and pour the batter in, but I forgot this time and oh was that a mistake!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I used my IKEA wire cake cutter to cut the cake into two layers.  If you make cakes often it is so worth it have buy one of these cutters if you don’t already have one, I use mine all the time!!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I had three different sizes of heart cookie cutters, I wanted them to be bite size, but I didn’t have the time to frost each tiny heart so I went a little bigger.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I froze the hearts after I cut them out and put them on a lined cookie sheet and then frosted the middle with half of my favorite vanilla frosting(butter, powder sugar, and vanilla and almond extract).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I dyed the other half of the frosting pink and frosted the outside of the hearts with the rest of the frosting.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I also covered one cake with melted white chocolate dyed pink, but it didn’t turn out how I wanted and was WAY more work then the frosting.  I would maybe try the chocolate again when I have more time and smaller cakes.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
There were so many yummy treats that were homemade, as well as amazing cupcake and cake bites from Sweet Tooth Fairy.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Of course we had to have fancy jewelry for the party!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
and yummy drinks OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
and a variety of Valentines cards to give to all those Puuur-fect people in your life
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And lastly and most importantly all these babes!
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA