Thursday, February 12, 2015

More.. http://offbeatcharm.com/2015/02/11/horai-san-book-shop-in-brookline-ma/

Powered by: BKGjewelry

   Boston and the surrounding areas have been covered in snow for the last couple of weeks. Other than indulging in some serious weekend hibernation, I have also taken to exploring little gems in the neighborhood that can sometimes be overlooked on the hurried trip downtown. Saturday, I found my way to Horai-San Book Shop right on the border of Brookline and Boston. With much anticipation, I stepped into a lovely world of eastern philosophy, new age wonders, and entrancing meditative music.
Horan-San offers a fantastic selection of books, candles, music, gem stones, jewelry, and organic clothing. The kind lady behind the counter (named Deb) let me browse quietly and answered my questions thoughtfully. The shop promotes a calm, peaceful atmosphere ideal for introspection.
A little turquoise statue with a bodhisattva that I did not immediately recognize caught my eye. Deb explained that I was looking at Kwan Yin (also known as Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy, and the female representation of Chenrezig). She shared a bit of Kwan Yin’s history, and I felt the electric fascination that first drew me toward Buddhism when I was in college. Buddhist wisdom seems infinite, and I find myself in awe of how much there is to learn.
If you are looking for a unique and charming bookstore, I highly recommend Horai-San. From picking up rocks for little collectors to browsing a wide array of philosophical texts to finding a delightful gift, the shop offers an experience sure to spark joy.
IMG_5803-0
IMG_5809-0
IMG_5812-0
IMG_5813-0
Tea of the Moment:   Buddhas Blend by DAVIDsTEA
 Song of the Day: “It’s Bigger Than Hiphop” by Dead Prez
 Book of the Week: Tibetan Peach Pie Tom Robbins