Thursday, January 29, 2015

Back from Birka!

I am back from Birka!  It was a wonderful event, and it was lovely being able to spend it with good friends.
I got to meet my apprentice-sister Iulia (that’s us all gussied up on the right), geek a bit about beads and paternosters, and have a lot of fun.  I also received my awesome East Kingdom Artisanal Exchange item from Iulia – a wax tablet, which will get used a lot.
I also made a necklace for her, which I made out of carnelian, quartz, and garnet, with accent beads out of gold plated brass on brass wire, complete with handmade hook.
These materials were used by the Romans (Iulia has a 1st-2nd c Roman persona), and in similar cuts (especially the carnelian’s simple facets).  Best part is Magistra Iulia loves it!

EKAE Swap #5In "beads"
Preparing for visiting the East Kingdom . . .In "#MedievalMonday"
Norse Bling!In "calontir"
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
 You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
 Notify me of new comments via email.
 Notify me of new posts via email.

                           
                           

                       


Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
More.. https://kaloethina.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/back-from-birka/

Powered by: BKGjewelry