Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Tempus fugit






Art Bead Scene December Challenge – Inspired by “Choir of Sint-Bavokerk, Haarlem” 1635 by Pieter Jansz Saenedam

I must say that this challenge was a tough one for me. It was very difficult to resonate with the colors. I love vivid colors and I am tempted to translate this into my work. So, for this monthly challenge, I did my best to be sober, to go for dark colors.          I have chosen a triangular shape being inspired by flying buttress. And I tried also to render the idea of the fact that cathedrals stood the test of time, they are still there while  time goes by, hence the title Tempus fugit. I also wanted to render the idea of rocks eroded by water and time and of gemstones coming through.
I made two versions of the collar, because after realizing the collar with the three pieces, I could not decide whether I like it or not. So I have made a second one thinking that the technique is worth the effort. So it’s up to you to decide which one you like the most.
More.. http://michellemaya2005.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/tempus-fugit/

Powered by: BKGjewelry