Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Rough Draft: “Sunset on the Eaves of Time”

PAGANBLUT
“If you ever wanted to know where holidays come from…here is your answer…Happy Hellidays…ha..ha..ha…”
Episode 1 (Prologue) Return of the Lovers
“They say that when you dream of someone, they are thinking of you, but this is ridiculous!!”
“I don’t know, Doctor…every night, I have this same dream, ever since I went to the Museum of Natural History last month, every night, it’s the same dream…I know not why, but I think it means something.” Samantha Van Pelt, a young woman from Columbia University in Manhattan, said to her therapist, whom she saw regularly for anxiety issues. “What do you think triggered the dreams in the first place?” “I can’t say, I saw nothing unusual at the museum, nothing that could trigger an unusual dream, and I have no fever, I haven’t taken any other drugs than the anxiety medication I usually take. There was a new exhibit, showing natural history art from Germany about the Birds of Paradise, and ever since I went in there, I’ve been having this same dream every night.” “What does the dream consist of?” The doctor readied his pen and paper. “Well, I’m standing in an enormous Victorian Era ballroom; it looks like one of the Wilhelmine ballrooms from Imperial Germany that I’ve read about in my art history classes at Columbia University, or the ballroom from Cinderella, but the decorations are odd, there are strange symbols on flags that I do not recognize, they don’t look pagan or Christian at all…and I’m standing in the center of the room, dressed in a brown and burgundy ballroom gown, and a glittering tiara, I look like some kind of European royalty, and I’m surrounded by a circle of 41 young princes, barons, or whatever, each one with an equally beautiful young woman, dressed in a frilled, jet-black-and-red dress with lace and jewelry all over it, lace black gloves and elegant stockings, they have blonde or brown hair and pigtails and very calm, sweet, content faces. They’re all very handsome and beautiful, but both the men and the women have painted faces, extremely elaborate head plumage and headdresses and each of them is wearing a nobility outfit and cape that resembles one of the 41 species of Bird of Paradise in the case of the men. They all look at me for about 5 minutes as I stand there anxiously in the ballroom lights, and then one of them, always the same one, he’s got the most elaborate outfit, looking like a combination of all 41 uniforms, he has soft brown eyes, a handsome, pale face, and brown hair. He walks over to me, holds a tragic theater mask up to his face and looks me in the eye…and recites a poem:
For you my sweet, I would gladly die. For you my sweet, I would cry, but in my honor I would damn my eyes, as when I look at you, I see a bird of paradise. Your beautiful blue eyes, brown hair and pale skin; your beautiful voice makes tears roll down my face. Your dress is elegant, your lacy stockings and gloves truly nice, I reach out to you, my lovely Bird of Paradise. I take your hand and gently kiss it as I take you in my arms. Your smile pierces my heart with the iron spear of love, but it hurts like a sword in my gut. I listen to your voice speak, but what is your purpose, what do you seek? Is it love, peace or sultry summer night, where you can live in peace without fright? As I enjoy my dance with you, I wish you would never let me go. Your beautiful eyes are like diamonds, your skin is like ivory, I would never let go of you but I know you wouldn’t die for me. I brought down the moon, sun and the stars that fill the night sky, but you never told me anything when you cried for one to take your side. Now, as we dance in our glorious swan song, I realize that our time together is not long. This night will not last forever, you know, but you will be forever in my heart, I will never forget my night with you, it was beautiful under the ballroom lights…my gorgeous Bird of Paradise. When all your fantasies, they all come true, still remember that man of mystery, standing before you. Dressed in the robes of one of the 41 Birds, they haunt your dreams, and as we continue our strange duet, his power over you, grow stronger yet. His face painted, his outfit grand, you stand by him as he takes your hand, one day you shall meet your divine avarice, in the shape of a Bird of Paradise…I am Phantom King Irkaya Falkenbach…take my hand, and leave this world behind…”
More.. https://fidusjungsturm.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/rough-draft-sunset-on-the-eaves-of-time/

Powered by: BKGjewelry