Friday, December 26, 2014

A Brief Introduction

Welcome to my world.  I have been making and designing jewelry since I was 13.  I took my first jewelry making workshop at the local public library with a friend when I was in high school.  Slowly but surely, I caught the bug and began making jewelry for friends and family, and sold my first piece when I was 24.
As I have matured and grown, my taste in jewelry has obviously changed as well — I love simple pieces that can be layered with whatever I own.  I love my hand made jewelry, but I layer them with my favorite designer pieces for a classic look.  I tend to gravitate towards sterling silver and gemstone, but also use vermeil and solid copper.  I am very sensitive to the metaphysical properties of certain gemstones, so I take that into account as I deign pieces as well.
I am looking forward to blogging my journey through the process of launching my store, and sharing my thoughts as I design this first collection.
Welcome to my world!  And thank you for your support. :)
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
 You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
More.. http://jewelsbysj.wordpress.com/2014/12/26/a-brief-introduction/

Powered by: BKGjewelry