Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24, 2014 by DC BBW 

It is Christmas Eve, and I have not one drop of holiday spirit. Not sure why I don’t…granted, Thanksgiving is my big holiday but I usually still feel some of the magic of Christmas, Not this year…and it isn’t a depression or the godawfulness of that first Christmas following the Him fiasco (God, that was a saaad time). I don’t feel sad or less than nor am I wondering what is wrong with me. I just don’t feel Christmas this year. But this will not be a reflective or depressing post because one thing I AM feeling is excited!
Going to start out first telling you guys about the 75 year old man. Yes, I met with him and never again, people. Never again. He was saggy and wrinkly and smelled of garlic, wheat germ and not so fresh egg salad. The man came in and took off his toupee and took his teeth out and set them on my makeshift nightstand. Drool and all. Once he left (not a moment too soon), I noticed my turquoise and gemstone ring (which was also on said night stand) was missing…and I swore up and down he stole it. Well, that or it got caught up in his teeth or hair. Artsy Craftsy told me to just hold the phone and perform the Baby Jesus Lost and Found Prayer and lo and behold…I found my ring!!! Friends. I love them.
Reliable One/The Safety Net came through with a rent check and not a moment too soon. Thank you, Jesus!! It was not without arguments, accusations and me trying to figure out if the man is just not nice or just totally out of touch with reality. Seriously, who FLIPS a quarter to a homeless man looking for food? Someone please tell me what 25 cents buys in today’s society? And there was a lot of taunting from Reliable One: telling me he could write the check with no problem if he chose to do so and asking me what would I do if I didn’t know him. And I knew the answer he wanted (he is amazing and I would be lost without him) but truth be told….if I did not know the man, if the man had never started paying the rent…I would not be in this predicament. Because I would not have had someone to hand over my control to. Trust me, I have learned my lesson here on a lot of levels…I am the only one responsible for my well-being, I got lots of tears and sympathy from my friends but no one had help. The Lord helps those who help themselves and it is time to take back control and power of my life in all areas.
I saw my team this week…yes, they are STILL my team, I don’t give a damn who sits in that window. It felt like coming home to be amongst them and talk, laugh and joke like we always did. I was bummed that Smart One wasn’t there but I had long talks with Feisty One and The Good Looking One, bantered with The Hard Headed One and My Favorite. Harpo twerked for me! I think he was renewing his vows with his Sophia…it was interesting. Sweet One was there and raved over my weight loss and believe it or not, the Sherriff and I HUGGED…twice! That visit was the highlight of my month.
More.. https://dcbbw.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/due-south/

Powered by: BKGjewelry