Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The beauty of friendship

Friendship.
Its something that is so natural. We don’t choose to be friends with people, we just are. Something between the two people just click. Friendship and those we call our friends can differ greatly from one another. Friends resemble little bits of who we are. Birds of the same feather flock together, right?
When I think about my friends, past and current, I realize that I can form a friendship with just about anyone. I’m not quick to push people away. Unless, of course, there is no reason to keep the relationship going, but I like to give people a chance. You can learn a lot about yourself by letting certain people into your life. I’ve been friends with people who are just like me and those who are quite opposite. I have friends who are guys and friends who are girls. But something happened to me recently that has gotten me thinking about friendship: Can men and women be just friends?
I’ve lost one of my very close guy friends fairly recently because I couldn’t see myself dating him. When he cut me off, he made me feel like I was a bad person for not giving him a chance to be with him. It felt like a manipulative and unhealthy relationship, so when he told me that he could no longer have me in his life, I happily said goodbye. Another similar situation happened to me recently; a guy I had hung out with twice found out I was seeing someone and decided he had to re-think some things about what he wanted from our relationship. In my mind, I was getting to know this guy as a potential friend, but apparently we weren’t on the same page. I feel hurt when guys cut me out of their lives because I don’t want a romantic relationship with them. Why does having a boyfriend have to be the determining factor as to whether or not we can be friends? Why do guys want to complicate a relationship by always wanting more from it? Why don’t guys want to have girls in their life as a friend, and only a friend? Its frustrating and it makes girls look like the villains for “friend-zoning” the guy and not giving him a chance.
It seems that most guys I have been friends with have, at some point, developed feelings for me. Maybe its a part of being a guy, I don’t know. But in my mind, guys who I consider to be friends have only been that: a friend. The silly thing is, is that to say someone is “just a friend” is generally seen as an insult, when in reality it’s not. Friendship is beautiful. Its a relationship that is simple, although it does come with is fair share of complexities, its not on the same level as it would be a romantic relationship.
I know there are guys out there who appreciate my friendship, and vice versa! I am very lucky to have the friends that I do. I believe men and women can be friends, considering one of my best friends is a guy. Of course there will be differences in how close a man and a woman can be as friends, compared to friends of the same sex. But I know it exists, it just takes the right person.
“Some girls just want good company, a guy to vibe with, converse with & laugh with. Not in a rush. Start off simple, and let the rest find itself. Having someone to talk to and feeling comfortable around them is quite beautiful, and its a good feeling.”
EW
Perhaps the problem isn't the intensity of your love, but the quality of those you are lovingIn "Thoughts"
The Burden of ExpectationIn "Thoughts"
What is my friend trying to prove?In "Thoughts"
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
 You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
 You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
 Notify me of new comments via email.

                            
                           

                       

More.. https://emeraldwatersworld.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/the-beauty-of-friendship/

Powered by: BKGjewelry