Monday, January 12, 2015

Copper Washer Jewelry

I LOVE making jewelry! I have been making beaded jewelry for years now, and can almost never pass up a bead store when I’m in a new place. Bead stores are relatively common on the Oregon Coast, and they carry some local beads made from rocks, minerals and shells found locally. So really, I can’t pass that up!!
I’ve been expanding the media I use for jewelry making, and recently invested in some steel stamps and a butane torch. After a trip to the local hardware store, I decided to try my hand at using washers to make jewelry. I selected some steel washers and copper washers to start with.

I decided to go with the copper washers. For one, I really like the color. Also, copper is a softer metal, so I figured it would be easier for my first try with my steel stamps. Of course, copper also changes colors when heat is added, so I guess you could say it was the trifecta!

I set my sights on making a necklace for a dear friend, who is doing an amazing job running a team of local coaches in Portland. Her team name is Alive and Well, so I wanted to get that incorporated in her gift.
More.. http://thefitcrafter.com/2015/01/12/copper-washer-jewelry/

Powered by: BKGjewelry