Wednesday, December 31, 2014

No More Necessary Excuses

0
The way you want to live your life should never be restrained by some necessary excuse. By “necessary excuse” I mean something that you have to do or are committed to in life out of necessity, but you use it as a cop-out to all the things you want to do that make you who you are. These are the things you love to do, stop letting the necessities get in the way. That being said, I do not mean you should quit your bill-paying job to become a starving artist. At the same time you shouldn’t get too down and lazy about what you have to do, because then that’s all you’ve allowed yourself to have.
I say this because for the past couple of years I’ve used the necessary excuse too often. With each passing semester, I use this excuse more often. Last semester I used it so much I truly believed I couldn’t do anything with my life that I wanted to do, and that I would be condemned to a life I felt I had lost control over long ago. Near the end, a month left to go, in one moment I finally decided no more.
I had let this excuse keep me from doing all the things I loved to do. I let this excuse limit my happiness and halt the fruition of my talents. I went to college to sharpen my talents and skills and to absorb all I could regarding my favorite things. I let people influence me. I allowed society to have a say. I let my incorrect biases get the best of me only to tear me open down the road, as biases usually do.
My necessary excuse was school itself. I constantly complained that I had too much school to do anything I really loved. I had too much school work to do all I wanted to do. However, the work was easy. Time consuming, yes. I will not sit here and lie that college entails quick projects, short essays, and ten minute class sessions, but it does not consume every second of your time unless you allow it to do so. College does not drain every bit of your energy unless you allow it do so. The work is not easy for all, but it is for some like me. Again, it takes up time, it has always taken up quite a lot of time, but I never should have used that as an excuse to keep me from doing all that I love. I should have never used it to keep me from doing what I came here to do better.
It only took a moment after a few years of letting school get to me to stand up against my excuse. One short moment was all I needed to finally say, “enough!” Then I sat down, and I wrote. I worked on books more. I cooked more. I cleaned more. I drew more. I crocheted, I painted, I made jewelry, I decorated, I created. Most of all, I was happy and motivated. I am happy and motivated.
More.. https://egsbell.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/no-more-necessary-excuses/

Powered by: BKGjewelry