Thursday, January 22, 2015

Until yesterday when I shot these, I’d never taken a selfie before. Usually Rudolph or Desirae take the pics for this blog. I’m pretty self-conscious about my (lack of) photography skills . . . so of course the way to get over that is to take some pics and put them on the Interweebs for the world to see, right? *grin*


THE OUTFIT
EARRINGS: Squared-off stainless steel hoops. I’ve worn these a few times on the blog.
NECKLACE: Silvertone large link necklace in some random base metal. Luckily, this necklace doesn’t give me a weird rash like many base metals do. Plus it was 3 bucks at the drug store in December 2013– I’ve worn it a bazillion times since then, so I think the cost-per-wear wearing sits about about 7 cents per time.
DRESS: Faithful readers have seen this dress before (imagine! a style blogger who wears things more than once. Shocking. You’d think I was a real person with a job and a budget and things to do other than be a clothes-horse or something.) Bought it this past summer at Land’s End online on clearance for around 5 bucks USD (leftover from 2012 holiday season, I think). I like the sheen on the pewter-coloured velvet; when I move the dress has a liquidity to it that makes me think of the bad robot in Terminator 2.
RING: Silver and agate cabochon ring from Jen’s 14 Plus  consignment store in Kelowna.
TIGHTS: Jessica brand charcoal crochet tights, courtesy of the good ole’ Sears outlet centre. These ones are showing signs of wearing out, unlike my fave mushroom fishnets. I’ll love them while I can and wear them ’til they shred.
SHOES: My beloved Fluevog ‘unicorns’, the Mini: Dollface in red. A helpful person on the Fluevog Fridays Facebook group was able to tell me the original release date on these- 2009. I first saw a pair in 2011, and was lusting for them until mid-2014 when I *finally* tracked down a pair in my size on Ebay.
A closer look at the accessories:

A closer look at the tights and kicks:


Another full-length shot in which I look disapprovingly at my smart phone’s camera display. Yes, my phone is huge. Yes, I like it that way. I use my phone primarily as an e-reader, so I like all the screen real estate. It lets me jack up the font size so I don’t have to wear my glasses to read. In case you are wondering, it’s the Samsung Mega. Given this isn’t a tech blog, I won’t get into specs. Just know that the Mega is fantastic.

Charcoal, teal, navy uniformIn ""Uniforms""
Uniform: Cat Print DressIn ""Uniforms""
Teal and wine uniformIn ""Uniforms""
More.. http://fatrabbitsdelight.com/2015/01/22/uniform-pewter-velvet-and-minidollface-shoes/

Powered by: