Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Here is a review of how I did on my 2014 Aspirations.  Many of the updates link to posts throughout the year in case you want to read more about them.  It’s kind of difficult for me to put this review out into the world.  In fact I think its my least favorite post of the year because I feel like I am sharing my failures.  I do it anyway though because I am trying to stick with the attitude that I do more than I would considering that I do share these. And so even if every aspiration isn’t reached, I am still better off than if I had set none at all.  Next week I’ll post my 30 aspirations for 2015.
.1. Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night
I have my good times and bad times with this one, but I am really cutting down on the 6 hour nights of sleep.  If I get less than 7 I usually struggle all day and I remind myself of that when I try to do ‘just one more thing’ before bed.
.2. Read at least twelve books and document
I read my twelve.  Being in two bookclubs helps me reach this goal pretty easily and it helps me to try reading new things.  Never thought I’d be reading reality TV Star books.
Drinking & Tweeting by Brandi Glanville
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Local News by Miriam Gershow
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty
I am Malala:The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
Skippy Dies by Paul Murray
The Witness Wore Red by Rebecca Musser
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
.3. Try at least 1 new recipe every month
I have 18 new recipes I tried that were documented.  I am guessing I did more, but didn’t always remember to record it.  Here are links to the ones I posted on the blog:
Baked Broccoli Fritters
Zucchini Pasta
Shrimp Pasta
Egg Sandwich
Fast Chicken Fajitas
Cinnamon Biscuits
Fried Rice
.4. Write and post a on the blog every week
More.. http://unchartedchicago.wordpress.com/2014/12/31/a-look-back-at-my-2014-aspirations/

Powered by: BKGjewelry