Saturday, March 7, 2015

PLUM PURPLE SKIRT PARADE

   Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Goodmorning!
Is it really 7 March already ? Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this year is flying by way too fast already o.O’? Can’t believe February is already over, I’m still feeling like december 2014 hasn’t even finished… I was wearing this outfit one week ago but it already feels like AGEEES AGO! Time to adjust, Suus. Times are really flying and there are so many exciting things around the corner! 
IMG_7924
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset
 Do you know that urge for wearing certain items after a shopping spree? Well, that’s what I experienced last time after shopping this cute skirt! I decided that I wanted to wear it to a friend in Nijmegen (because I just couldn’t wait to wear it). The only downside was the fact that it was february hahaha oh gosh not even close to summer. Ofcourse there was no sun at all and this dark day started as usual in this rainy country : yess… with a lot of rain ! (pff)
 But in the afternoon the weather turned really good and we decided to shoot this photos which turned out much better than expected!
 And what about this location? Pretty cool right?! But OH MY … it was SCARY! The water flowed really really fast under my feed and it was very windy! I was relieved back on the top of the embankment haha.
As I told you earlier, I don’t stick to one certain style. It depends on my mood if I feel like wearing something chic, like high heels and a classy coat , or a more grungy look, with my sneakers and a jacket. But there’s definitely one thing in all my outfits : they’re quite basic (You probably know already I love to wear basic colors; black, white and grey are always good!) But I often add a little touch. Sometimes with a colored item, like this plum purple circle skirt, or I bright it up with some accessories. The outfit on these pictures for example, is very simple, it’s nothing more than a cute skirt, fluffiness, a little neacklace and a smile ofcourse (You’re never fully dressed without a smile!). But the pattern/print of the skirt and the fluffiness of the swetaer make it a little more special, I think. What about you?? So a pretty playful and girly outfit for today! Do you like this look on me?
Also, have you noticed the necklace I’m wearing? When it comes to jewelry I’m not that kinda girl wearing as much bracelets on each arm as possible. I only wear a few basic pieces, like my Cluse watch and a little necklace, oh and my all time favorite rings. Most of my jewels are really special to me, especially my necklaces, since there’s a story behind almost each one of my necklaces. I told you some before about my swallow necklace which I bought after the break-up with my boyfriend as a symbol of freedom. Oh and I told you about my self made necklace with the engagement from my parents and an old coin that I got from my grandfather. So I thought it would be fun to tell you the story behind this necklace too.
As you may have read in one of my previous posts ‘talking about time’ I’ve made a new start. And when I was shopping on my own a couple of weeks ago in Amsterdam, I really felt like I wanted something for the new me, like a symbol or something that reminds me of this new start and that’ll give me strength and hope but also joy and happiness when I’m wearing and looking at it. And then I saw this one and I immediatly knew this one was IT! I needed this one…it’s the perfect necklace as a symbol of my new start. As you can see on the photo it’s a circle with some relief just like life…there’s no end…but every end is a new beginning. It’s a circle of hard times and good times, happiness and sadness. And the relief (the hard times and your struggles) make you stronger in the end. What do you think about this look and my new necklace? I’d love to hear!
Okay, I’m off to the gym now. BUT I’ve so many exciting things to tell you, almost can’t wait to tell you all.  I can tell you one thing already: There will be soon a really cool giveaway online!! So keep an eye on the blog and my Instagram page!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Lots of Love, Suzanne
Where can I buy this outfit?
Chelsea boots: Van Haren/ Plum Purple Skirt: H&M / sweater: H&M / Watch: Cluse Watches /  Necklace: Brandy Melville / White Blouse: Berschka  
Follow me on Instagram  – Bloglovin 
 PH : Jim Scholten