Friday, March 6, 2015

       I checked the name of this blog, and it’s Iberostarrocks. I hope you enjoyed my trip report of my girlfriend’s trip to San Francisco with my daughter, Susie. We sure enjoyed the trip. However, I think it is time to get back to an Iberostar trip report. Zung and I went to the Grand in December. We met lots of people, and it was a really great trip. Every trip I take copious, detailed notes to help me with my trip reports. Those notes help me remember who I met, who I talked with when, what I ate and drank.
You know something bad happened to those notes, don’t you. You can see a bad thing coming. I decided to clean out old emails in January. Somehow, I deleted everything from mid-January and back a couple of years. I thought I could retrieve everything, but apparently that was a temporary condition and they are gone, gone gone. I will do my best, and pictures will help, but I am sure there are many details I will forget.
Let’s all have a moment of silence for the untimely passing of those notes.
Well, let’s get to it! Let’s see how good, or bad, my memory is.
We decided to go the week after Thanksgiving. About five years ago we took a trip to the Playa area (Royal Hideaway), the week after Thanksgiving. We had a really good time and I don’t remember anything bad about going that particular week. Not so much this time. The trip was awesome, but the weeks between getting back and Christmas were kind of a nightmare. We all survived, but at times I was not so sure we would.
I have a couple of friends who were going to be there at the same time. We are in an online conversation with some other people, two of whom I met when we were at the Grand in June – Heidi and Ricky. I had a great time with them and was really looking forward to meeting Janette and Suzanne and their husbands. Zung was going to have to work in the mornings, but I was getting used to that.
As with every trip, I plan what I am going to wear and what jewelry, and of course, which shoes to wear with each outfit. These were the lucky picks. They always get into arguments about who should go with me. I try to be fair, but I’ll admit, I have my favorites.
IMG_1209
We arrived at the airport and checked in. My suitcase easily made the weight limit. We got through security in time for a nice pre-flight breakfast. We usually eat at Chef Jimmy’s, but we decided to mix it up a little bit this time and went to the Denver Chop House, which is also on Terminal A.
I kept with my tradition of having a Mimosa. Or two. The way they serve their Mimosas require you to have two. Two BIG Mimosas. Now, that’s my kind of Mimosa!
IMG_1224 DSCN3909
Zung had his traditional coffee.
DSCN3911
I had eggs with a spinach sauce. It was ok, but wasn’t amazing.
DSCN3912
Zung had an omelette. Zung always has an omelette. He is thrilled with the recent news that eggs are now good for you.
DSCN3913
We board. We are happy! We are going to Mexico!
IMG_1226