Saturday, March 28, 2015

Favorite: Bible Verses

   
Here are a few of my favorite Bible verses (NIV) & explanations for why I like each verse.
//Leviticus 19:18 – I need to remember to be quick to forgive.
“Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.”
//Psalm 4:8 – I need to find safety in the Lord.
“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
//Psalm 30:12 – I love praising Him through worship: this is such a beautiful verse to me. I am so thankful.
“that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.”
//Psalm 33:6 – He is powerful!
“By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.”
//Psalm 138:8 – I need to trust in Him. It will be alright.
“The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever – do not abandon the works of your hands.”
//Matthew 5:16 – As a Christian, I want His Light to shine through me so that I may bless others.
“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
//Matthew 6:19-21 – I need to remember to focus on my relationship with God, rather than worldly, material things that will be of no value once I get to heaven.
“Therefore do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
//Matthew 6:34 – I am a big worrier; I need to trust in the plans God has for me.
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
//Matthew 11:28 – When I am weary & burdened, I need to run to my Father.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
//Colossians 3:23 – When I don’t want to do something, I need to remember to do it as if I were doing it for God, because I am.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for The Lord, not for men.”
//1 Peter 3:3-4 – I need to be content with my outward appearance and remember that God made me how He wanted to make me. What matters is my heart for Him.
“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”
//1 John 4:4 – We are overcomers. Jesus is GREAT. He has overcome the world.
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”
//Revelation 21:4-5 – Hallelujah, He will come back.
“He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’ Then he said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.'”