Friday, March 27, 2015

Darby Smart Review for March 2015 ~With Coupon~

    Darby Smart Mystery Box is a DIY craft subscription box. They have a wide variety of different crafts. Jewelry, home decor, fashion, accessories, soaps, etc.. And they are super affordable! Sign up now and your first box is only $9.
Darby Smart is $19 a month with free shipping. 12 month subscriptions make the box $16.58 per month. They send you a complete project to make. This is such a great subscription for the DIY Chic! Use this LINK and code FIRSTBOX for $10 OFF your first box. They have adult or tween boxes. Tweens box ships every other month and it is $19 every other month. Choose your box on the top of their page.
I signed up for my 13 year old and I to do these together. She’s crafty like me & we get a little bonding time together =) This is the adult monthly box.
image
Internet rehab? Well, she did stay off her phone the whole time! So yes, yes it was!
image
image
Supplies. A mold, lemon soap scent, poppyseeds, and a block of soap. Yay soap making!
So at this point you go to their site and enter your code printed on the card in your box. And all instructions are given to you. I love that!
Here’s an example of how it looks. Step 1.
image
image
All our supplies ready to go.
image
At this point we melted the block of soap we cut into cubes. 30 second increments until liquified. (5 minutes) It says 2-3 drops of lemon, but we did like 20. We loved the smell! I let it cool quite a bit so the seeds didn’t settle on the bottom of the mold. (6 to 7 minutes)
image
Not the neatest job. But it’ll do! I cleaned it up a little so we didn’t have to trim soap. Just absorbed it with a paper towel.
The next step was refrigerate for 45 minutes. I’m so glad I did this on a cutting board. The mold is plastic so it bends when you go to pick it up. Almost a disaster. So I just put the cutting board with the mold right into the refrigerator.
45 minutes later and we had soap! We had enough to make 7 bars! With supplies left over for future soap making.
image
The first 4 done. Nice and pretty. Nice soap too. It’s washes soft, rinses well and leaves a nice gentle scent. The poppy seeds give it a little exfoliation.
image
For these 3 I wanted the seeds to settle on the top of the soap so I put it in without cooling it so much (2 minutes). And wanted it to look “raw”, so I covered the nub like holes in the mold with wax paper before filling.
image
We still have this much left over. All we need is soap and we can make a ton more. I think I’ll grab another scent and add color next time.
I think they came out great! I’m already imaging all the gifts we can make with this subscription. Some for us, some for family.
image
I definitely recommend this subscription if your like to get crafty and DIY some stuff. I don’t have a lot of time to shop around and this is perfect. Just sends you all you need and the idea! My daughter enjoyed this. And our family thinks it’s cool to use soap we made.
If you’d like to sign up click HERE and use code FIRSTBOX to get that box for $9.