Friday, February 27, 2015

Necklace making!

   Hey guys! So, I promised a second post on the weekend due to the lacking quality of my OOTW post. As you may have noticed, I did not get around to doing anything blog worthy. And when I did, it was too late to photograph things. So, I finally managed to get some pictures together. I decided to make a necklace inspired by one I saw on pinterest. I tried to look for the source of the picture I found, so I could see the pricing and such, but I failed to find it. So, that being said, I’ll just show you the picture and you guys can feel free to comment if you miraculously stumble upon the source.
Anyway, I wanted to do a picture tutorial version, but again, it was fairly dark to be taking [good] pictures when I did this. So, I’ll do my best to guide with words.
 So, here’s the inspiration picture I was talking about earlier. And here’s my final product.
PicMonkey Collage
IMG_46461 You’ll need:
  • White string
  • Beads
  • Jewelry clasps
  • Jewelry pliers
Step One: I measured out 10 strings that were about 3 feet long.
Step Two: I closed one of the ends with a jewelry clasp.
Step Three: I strung the beads on, which was a stuggle. The bundle of strings were a tad too thick for the bead, so I had to twist the bundle to get it more compact. Eventually, I got it through though.
Step Four: I closed the other end with another jewelry clasp, but I had to straighten out the strings first.
Step Five: I tied the knots right above the beads, but I tied them loosely, so when I wore it, the weight of the beads tightened the knots.
I also randomly made these, by the way. And I’m probably going to try and make matching earrings later.