Friday, February 27, 2015

ESOL Article

  
Japan
It’s 3 o’clock on Friday. I’m on the train to go to Umeda city. I’m going to see my friend, Kotono and have dinner with her at Umeda city. To go to Umeda city, I must take the subway and get off at Sannomiya station and transfer to the JR line.
Most people including me on the train is on a smartphone. Most of women on the train have black hair or dyed brown hair.
I’m standing with holding a strap. I’m being by myself. I was going to sleep but I can’t go to sleep because of the noise of train which is crowded with students from university and women with children. There are no business man and student as it’s too early to finish working and school.
At Shinnagata station, a group of students comes to get on the train. They talk to each other and look excited about going to the city to hang out after school. They are wearing uniforms but they are not wearing jewelrys and they don’t have dyed hair as it is banned at school. I try to hear their talking because I’m interested in their talking and I’m bored as I have nothing to do. They are talking about
Even though, I was excited to go to the city before I got on the train, I’m feeling quite bored as I have no one to talk with right now.
I find my friend is also on the train, which makes me  excited again. I go to talk to her. Her name is Kana who is wearing a brown jacket, a white shirt, a red tie, a black skirt which Is her school uniform. It suddenly comes to me that it’s curious that she is on the train as her school generally finishes at 4 o’clock. So I ask her why she is here . Then she tells me her school finished early today.
The train arrived at Sannomiya station. Most of  people get off at this station since it’s the city of Kobe. I also get off to transfer to the JR line.