Friday, February 27, 2015

       My son really likes ties, I’m not sure if it is from me making his first few or if it’s from the attention he gets when he is wearing them. He has 13 or 14 and wants another one for Easter. But he only has 6 tie tacks.
Since my husband was already cutting up a few casings for an earring and necklace set for me to make to donate for a banquet, I had him cut a few more at my son’s request. After they were cut I also had him remove the primers from some of them.
IMG_2484
Then I selected beads to fit where the primers used to be, 3 of them have faux pearls, the other has a faceted glass bead.
IMG_2485
Next I glued the beads and backs for the tie tacks in place using E6000 glue.
IMG_2490
My son is really going to like how they turned out, he will probably think the bead is magic since it is a clear bead but looks blue in the pictures.
IMG_2493