Thursday, February 19, 2015

More.. https://katethectyankee.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/castles-kilts-and-unicorns/

Powered by: BKGjewelry

   Greetings dear readers!
I hope you’ve all been well! The weather here in Newcastle is really starting to turn nice, just as all of our workloads begin to pile up…oh well! Either way, I was able to get away from it all for just a bit on a trip up to Edinburgh, Scotland last weekend. And what a weekend it was! Although a short trip, I fully enjoyed my time up in Edinburgh and am happy to share the experience with you all!
Our weekend getaway began very early Friday morning with an 8:40 train out of the Newcastle station. The ride was quite short and we were in Scotland just after 11. As we left the station to head towards our hostel, I was immediately reminded where we were as the sound of bagpipes filled the air. Yes, there are, in fact, bagpipers who play in the streets of Edinburgh while in kilts. IMG_4397I loved it! Once we caught a picture of that, we subsequently ran into about four other kilted bagpipers walking the streets of Edinburgh. I couldn’t stop smiling! I was seeing my Catholic school uniform skirt on every corner!