Friday, February 20, 2015

Finally!!!

   pendant1pendant2pendant3
So after two weeks of restless work, I am finally able to post again – a pendant this time. So this is the sketch in reality and I was just ordered to add a chain to this piece so it’s not yet complete. But I am very happy about the outcome despite many techincal difficulties I had to overcame during the making. So the process started with sketching and 3D model which later was printed in wax by Roman Tavast jewelry company. After some post-processing it was casted to silver. Rest of it was puting the pieces together, making filigree and finishing the piece. Materials are silver (goldplated, and oxydised) and opal. Scale of the piece is 73x69x34 millimeters and it contains rather substancial amount of silver. It was probably one of the most complicated and exquisite pieces I have made in a long time. And I love challanges :)