Saturday, March 14, 2015

Casual Friday with Bling!

   image
Friday the 13th was a good look for me.  I wanted to be prepared in case any monsters wanted to get me.   Although in these shoes, I wouldn’t be running too fast.  But at least I’d be stylish as I was eaten!
image
Today day I wore a black blazer by Target I found on clearance.   It is the Merona brand from the plus section.    It fits nicely for a less than 20 dollar find.    I did have to size up though to a size 3.   My only comment is after several washings the pockets are starting to get holes in the lining….you get what you pay for? But I have worn it frequently.    I am going to use my real woman dollars and get a higher quality construction once they are redeemable.  When I originally bought the blazer I wasn’t sure how much I was going to wear it.    Well, I have worn it a plethora of times so I think an invesment is justifiable.   So that’s an idea for you.   If you’re never sure how much you are going to use something get the lower end version and if it works get the mid market to high end version.
The tee shirt is a fabulous find from Lane Bryant.  When I saw it, I had to get it.  I am a shoe fiend.   This spoke to me!
image
It it is a lovely peach color.   The words are done in glued on microbeads.  Super cool.   The hems are also a little shark bite-esque and peek out from the blazer.   I wore Lane Bryant’s genius fit jeans in boot cut.   I have never had such fabulous jeans.    The perfect amount of stretch and structure.   They don’t sag or bag in the usual areas such as tush and knees.   Win!  The shoes I wore are Christian Siriano for Payless.   They are heeled peep toe sandals with a cut out design,   Love!    I also wore my regular trouser socks and the black peeping out was super chic.   A better look is coming up in the accessories picture.
image
The necklace and earrings are from Lane Bryant.   The earrings are stick dangles I found a while back.   Love the bold size of the faux diamond dangle.   I am obsessed with this pearl necklace that is wrapped with a silver chain and is sprinkled with clear crystals.   This baby has some length so it would be easily doubled up for another look.   The rings are my usual Diamonique suspects from QVC.   The midi rings are actually toe rings I repurposed into this fashion!   The watch is Judith Ripka’s take on the boyfriend watch.    This is a watch; big, bold and statement presence!
image
Nighty night, Big Buddha!