Sunday, March 29, 2015

Inspiration Sunday…

   Sundays are good for three things:
1. long yoga classes
2. baking cookies
3. rounding up what’s inspiring you at the moment.
With my yoga completed, and a cookie in hand, without further ado I present my current inspiration… 1. Olympia Le-Tan book clutches. I adore the concept of the book clutch- it’s cute, it’s a little bit literary, and it’s probably the only place you can combine Edgar Allen Poe and a hot pink glitter lipstick called “YAOI”. What’s not to love? Plus, with the Disney Collection now available for pre-order, my book clutch love is back with a vengeance. Unfortunately, this love is unrequited as each clutch is upwards of 1,000 euros (eeeeek!) but I won’t stop being inspired by their cute bookish look (or surfing their site longingly). Screen Shot 2015-03-28 at 12.01.24 PMScreen Shot 2015-03-28 at 12.00.32 PM 2. Inside Llewyn Davis How awesome was this movie? I mean, first of all, Coen brothers, second of all, amazing music, third of all, THE COSTUMES. I mean, I have never wanted to look or sound more like a 35 year old man than when I saw Oscar Isaac as Llewyn Davis. That look is so spot on, and an honorable mention to Carey Mulligan, too, who actually wears women’s clothes in the film even though I didn’t envy her wardrobe half as much. 5205130-3x2-700x467Inside-Llewyn-Davis-CareyMulligan 3.Tiny Devotions Mala Beads I have and adore my one and only set of mala beads, made of soft wood and procured at an esoteric bookshop in London for a few pounds. My heart (aaaaand my wallet) vow that these beads are my one and only, but what’s the harm in looking? Tiny Devotions makes a plethora of beautiful  and carefully crafted mala beads to delight yogis and jewelry lovers alike. Can I get an Om? :) Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 12.32.46 AM 4. “The Curse” by Josh Ritter I love this type of music, deemed by my sister to be “weird acoustic shit”, but how can you not? Just listen to this musical oddity and fall in love- the otherworldly piano, the strange and sad story- plus, whenever else have you listened to a song about a 1,000 year old Pharaoh falling in love with an archaeologist? Listen for a more fantastical day, sure to inspire you to (if nothing less) look twice at the mummies at the Met. ( Listen to it here!) So what do you think? What’s inspiring you this week? :) Remember to be kind to yourself, to others, and to live ever mindfully… Annabel <3